Financial Literacy as a Life Skill
Being financially literate and empowered to live the life we aspire to have is useful to every one of us, no matter what type of career we are into and no matter at which phase of life we are. The material contained in this particular program is geared towards all student athletes regardless of what career path they choose to follow in the future.
What we aim to ensure with our particular program, is that young athletes acquire a basic understanding and education on business and financial key factors which will help them achieve the life they aspire to have, both during their playing, business or other career years and past their retirement.
The main purpose of our student athlete program is to plant the seeds of financial literacy which hopefully, student athletes will continue to cultivate in their adult life.
The Collegiate Athlete program extensively covers a number of areas including financial psychology, personal goals, financial planning, budgeting, and pressing student athlete issues.
The program modules prepare student athletes well for what is ahead of them whether that is a sports career or a conventional career. It is all about teaching useful life skills which give student athletes an edge in real life and a focus on a long term, comprehensive life plan.
Through our courses we want to make sure that collegiate athletes obtain the life skills which will help them:
- Realize that they need to have a long-term financial and life plan which is in accordance with their values
- Think about how they want to live their life and figure out how to accomplish it
- Learn basic financial concepts which will help them make better financial decisions
- Realize that they may not end up having a sports career, and even if they do, it is a short one and they need to prepare for a second career
- Create a circle of trustworthy people and professionals who will support them in different areas of their lives
- Be aware that developing their personal brand will help them stay up-to-date and in the spotlight for much longer than the duration of their sports career
Get in Touch
Feel free to contact us, with any questions you might have.